Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday, February 5th Recap

 Good Morning!

I did an experiment during this past week and found that I didn't have time to post DAILY to my blog like I do to my FB page (Lizzie's Stitches) or my INSTAGRAM page (pocketofstitches), so I've decided to sit down on Sunday's with my cup of coffee and do a weekly recap of the week! Here we go!


I started last week of with the stitchy finish of FEBRUARY ~ A YEAR IN THE HOOP by Small Town Needleworks (a new designer to me). I stitched this on 14ct black aida using the called for DMC threads. Not sure how I will fully finish this piece but for now it's on the finishing table.


Next, was  FEBRUARY ~ WREATH SWAP 1 by Stitching With the Housewives. I did my 'home' piece on a 12 X 12 scrapbook frame that I've had forever in my stash and decided it would be perfect. This year I would like to 'finish' stitching this series and be able to 'swap' it out with the other monthly things I display in my house. This was stitched on 14ct black aida using the called for DMC threads.



I  posted a previous finish from 2009 and had to actually do some research to finish out the designer. It was SamSarah Designs, I had a friend of mine finish it into this lovely pillow and it is the image picture I use on my FB page. (Lizzie's Stitches).Stitched on 14ct cream aida using the called for DMC threads. The buttons were purchased separately from the chart.




New came February 2 ~ Ground Hog Day. This is an old (2007) freebie from Bent Creek. Just love this happy little gogher who sees his shadow again, year after year! Here is Florida (where I reside), we don't follow this guy because it's always 'beach like' weather here. We might have 2-3 REALLY COLD days here, but nothing like what they have up north. Sorry you Northern folks!




I showed during the week what was currently under my needle.  MARCH ~ WREATH SWAP 1 by Stitching With the Housewives. Pretty colored tulips will cover this pieces when it is finished. Stitching on 14ct black aida using the called for DMC threads.


Saturday, February 4th is FLAGS ON THE 4TH hosted by Primrose Cottage. Every 4th of the month I stitched something that has a flag on it. Yesterday's stitching was a free chart by Lindsey at Primrose Cottage. She has released 4 charts to those of us who subscribe to her newsletter. These are small little charts that could be displayed on your coffee table in a dough bowl, or like me I'll be displaying mine in an oblong galvinized bucket that I've collected along life's path. Can't wait to fully finish them all that I have stitched on display them.I stitched this piece on 14ct navy aida using my choice of DMC threads. (347, white and 3752).



This brings us up to date on my weekly stitching. Today as soon as I finish here I'll be headed up to the 'finishing room' for a better part of the day to finish 4 projects that are on the sewing table ready to be put together. Of course, I'll share photos next week right here, or you can see my daily posts on FB and Instagram.

Before I leave, here are from FREEBIE FINDS that I came across this week:

FLAGS ON THE 4TH ~Primrose Cottage (newsletter)

DO EVERYTHING IN LOVE ~ Silver Creek Samplers (.com)

X'S AND DOUGHS ~ Shannon Christine Designs (website)

LOVE YOU ~ Erin Elizabeth Designs (website)


Have a great stitchy week and see you here again next Sunday! 


XXX's,

Elizabeth







No comments:

Post a Comment