Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday, February 26 Weekly Recap

 Good Sunday Afternoon,

Greeting from HOT, SUNNY Florida! The temps are in the low 80's today when predictions of getting into the 90's by midweek. Sorry to the Northern folks dealing with all the snow. I'll send you some sunshine. The morning hours flew by but now I'm here to recap my stitching week! Not much progress to show but anything is an attempt at moving forward!


I'm still stitching the 'seed packs' by Stitching With the Housewives and as I stated in the previous post I ran out of #3865. I put it on my 'to do' list and I finally walked down to Michael's on my lunch break on day only to find out the they had NONE! Boy o boy was I upset! This meant I'd have to take a trip to JoAnn Fabrics (approx. 12 miles away). So I gathered up my coupons + my birthday coupon, made a list of things I need or will need and headed there on my next day off from work. I'm shopping along and come to the cross stitch aisle only to discover they don't have any #3865 either!!! Now I'm raging, because this now means I'll have to order online if I have ANY chance at finishing these 'seed packs' before spring arrives. Monday, March 20, 2023.


Here is a previous stitched piece ~ STRAWBERY SEEDS by Stitching With the Housewives.I'm waiting until I have all the packs stitched before fully finishing them. By the way I planted strawberry seeds this morning in my garden box. I'll keep you posted on how they do. 




So, I came home with $137.00 of 'other stash' (pillow forms, interfacing, stuffing, fat quarter fabric, jelly roll, cross stitch fabric (fiddler's cloth 14ct), ....you get the picture. All because I was going for thread!!! I immediately placed on online order with 123Stitch for 6 skeins, then I added some JABC pins for a finish I spoke about last Sunday (Block Party 4th by Hands On Design) and then Primrose Cottage has a new bee chart that they are releasing at the Nashville Market so I needed to get the bee pins for that. Had to justify the shipping charges...that package will arrive Tuesday, February 28th. So at least the thread is on it's way! Hip Hip Hurray!

I then was viewing Hands on Desgins recent flosstube #78 and she showcased her new releases for Nashville...well that was another rabbit hole I fell into. I had decided to do all four seasons of her BASKET designs. I ordered her Spring Basket as a preorder so decided in the meantime to get all my goods together for the entire series. She uses just 3 pillow forms and interchanges them seasonally, hence the purchase of pillow forms at Joann's! I've decided to stitch all the seasons on 14ct fiddler's cloth therefore the pillows will be bigger than the 10'' she takes about in the tutorial, also on flosstube. I will just need to order the SUMMER basket after market, just in case I see something else I 'need'.



I've also decided that I want to try my hand at making a quilt this spring. I chose a beginner chart by Primrose Cottage called Gingham Squares (available on their Etsy shop). I purchase an ADORABLE fabric bundle by Primrose Cottage, and the jelly roll (from Joann's) will go along with this fabric. Will probably start in late April as I have a full few month ahead. More later on that.




This morning I kitted up my traveling piece...Lizzie*Kate's ABC's of Faith. I will be stitching this on 14ct antique white aida using called for DMC threads, Weeks Dye Works and on Classic Colorworks as a substitution thread. I'm only taking one piece to work on while on vacation instead of the normal 10 pieces I bring and barely have time to touch any of them. We have 2 long flights so I'm hoping to do most of my stitching then.





The one main piece that I started stitching this week (as I'm waiting for my thread to arrive) is Heart in Hand ~ BLOOMING TINY TOWN. Stitching on 14ct antique white aida using the called for DMC colors. I have just about all the houses 'built' and then I'll move onto the flowers and trees. This is a really cute 'spring' piece.




While I was puttering around in the kitchen this morning I made a batch of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies but added walnuts as my daughter and I like anything with nuts. Enjoying one now as I type this out. YUMMY!

I only found a few FREEBIES this week...they one I really like is Rouge by Crocette a gogo. She is on FB @crocetteagogo.puntocroce and Instagram @ricamidimarula. Looks like a nice spring stitch.

That's about all for this week...remember make yourself happy! Do what YOU want to do!


Until next Sunday.

♥Elizabeth 






No comments:

Post a Comment