Sunday, February 12, 2023

Sunday February 12th Weekly Recap

 Good Morning Blog Readers,

Happy Sunday morning to you! It's Super Bowl Sunday! Although I am not a football fan I do have a pot of chili simmering on the stove for this evenings' meal along with cheddar bay biscuits that I'll make later this afternoon. I've also got my RED VELVET cake in the oven baking as we are celebrating Valentine's Day today as I have to work 2-11pm Valentine's Day. :( This receipe was posted 2 weeks ago on this blog.


Well let's get started with this week's recap of things I finished stitching and things that I fully finished.


I started this week off with posting my quilted barn star by Lori Holt,  using the floss suggestions from Fat Quarter Shop to have a monthly piece that I could change out. I purchased a wooden barn from Michael's months ago, painted it black and now will change of the barn star every month. These stars are stitching on 14ct white aida using DMC threads.




I then posted my tier tray with the FEBRUARY 14th piece by Primrose Cottage Stitches. This was a previous finish from last year and I look forward to bringing it out every year. Stitched on 14ct pink aida using called for DMC threads.





I fully finished a cute, quick stitch by Kate Stitcher called LOVE postage stamp. This was a free chart that she posted a few weeks back and I believe I referenced its whereabouts in last weeks recap. If not, I will edit this blog post and post it for you. I stitched it on 11ct white aida using the called for DMC threads. I finished it into a cute little ornament for my Valentine's tree, using left over fabric and ric rack from my stash. 



What's Under My Needle Today ~ I finished stitching HOME is where the Wreath Is ~ MARCH by Stitching With the Housewives. I stitched it on 14ct black aida using the called for colors. It will go upstairs today and be fully finished so it will be ready to display March 1st!

I am also working on March ~ Barn Star by Lori Holt with Fat Quarter Shop's color redition for the month. GREENS! A new DMC 14 and 16 I had to purchase at Michael's this week as I didn't have either in my stash of floss. I should be able to finish that piece up this evening after I come down from the 'finishing room' this afternoon.


FREEBIE FINDS

Create Every Day by Teresa Kogut. This was a Nashville 2020 Freebie.

La-D-Da ~ Hand & Heart: https://la-d-da.net/pdf/Hand&Heart-freebie.pdf

From the Heart ~ Love Mini Quaker: https://www.fromtheheartneedleart.com/free.charts.html

SodaStitch ~ Valentine Gnome: go to her FB page to download the pdf chart


Charts for Sale:

Heart in Hand ~ Merry Making Mini: Flower Fun  (no button) $5.00 includes shipping within the US

Heart in Hand ~ Throwback: Checkeredbird (includes leftover beads) $6.00 includes shipping within the US.

Hands On Design ~ Stitch Some Happy $6.00 includes shipping within the US

All these charts are gently used from a non-smoking, no pet home. You can send me an email using my email address posted at the post of my blog page. Payment can be well concealed cash (at your own risk, money order or PAYPAL.

You can see all these charts on 123Stitch.com for pictures.

Thought for the week ~ Do what you LOVE and LOVE what you do! (unknown)


See you next week!

♥Elizabeth 


No comments:

Post a Comment