Sunday, February 19, 2023

Sunday February 19 Weekly Recap

 Good Morning Blog Followers!

Happy Sunday morning! This week has a few fully finished items and many items fully stitching and stitching pieces in the work! Sit back with your favorite cup of something and read away. I've got my coffee nearby so here we go!

Last Sunday I was up in the 'craft room' after posting my blog and fully finished BLOCK PARTY ~ 4TH by Hands on Design. This was a challenge piece for me as I participate in Flags on the 4th hosted by Primrose Cottage. The 4th of every month you stitch a flag so that by the end of a year's time you will be able to fill a dough bowl or such and have 12 patriotic flags. I had seen this piece by HOD and just knew that I had to stitch it. I wasn't keen on the 'greenish/yellow' fabric that it showed on the chart so I dug around in my fabric stash and stumbled across this piece of 14ct demin aida and got busy doing a floss toss to see if the called for colors would work on this fabric. BINGO! They did, so away I started stitching! This was a piece that took some time but I finally finished stitching it and now it was time to FULLY finish it. I have never done a finishing like this but I must say I am quite proud of myself and even Cathy Habermann commented that she 'loved it stitched on this fabric'. Thank you, Cathy...that means alot to me. I did not use the enclosed wool piece that was included with the chart as I wanted to show off the demin fabric. I will eventually order the button pins to 'poke' in the top.  (ok, I just put them in my cart @ 123Stitch).










I then went onto finish WREATH SWAP 1 ~ MARCH by Stitching With the Housewives. This was a few days of stitching time and then a quick finish to have ready to swap out on my HOME is where the wreath is piece. 



I then fully finished FEBRUARY  WORD PLAY by With thy Needle and Thread. Have had this piece stitched for years and finished into a hanging pillow only to realize that I wasn't happy with the finish! So I 'frogged' out the fully finished pillow and did a simple finish to display on this easel. I can switch them out monthly.


I then tried my hand at some cute quilted Valentine hearts by Erica Made. She has a blog and website with adorable quilting projects that are great for a beginner like me!



Then the  final fully finished item was 1776 by Primrose Cottage for her FLAGS on the 4th SAL. This was a free chart if you are subscribed to her newsletter. I had been watching her flosstube and someone commented that this would be a cute chart for a needleroll. Years ago I had stitched and made a few needlerolls and had forgotten about them. What a cute addition to my collection for Flags on the 4th.




Stitching for the week ~

I finished stitching my March BARN STAR by Lori Holt using Fat Quarter Shop's color redition. I just need to quick fully finish it and it's ready to swap out on my little black barn. 



I started stitching the SEED PACKS by Stitching With the Housewives this week only to find out that I had NO 3865 in the house at all! Out of 3 tackel style storage boxes and a drawer full of duplicate threads, there was NONE to be found. So, I decided to 'color' stitch the 5 charts and will go to Michael's tomorrow on my lunch break and get the much needed threads. Here are the charts I have 'color' stitched so far.




Under my needle right now is DAISY SEEDS by Stitching With the Housewives, once again just stitching the colored parts until I get that much needed 3865!

FREEBIE FINDS ~

I found a few freebies this week that I am interesed in stitching. LUCKY by Rovaris. Looks like a cute little quick stitch for a pillow finish. I don't have many St. Patrick's Day things so this will be a nice addition.

I also found HAPPY EASTER by Cherry Hill Stitchery. I can't wait to stitch this one up!


LIZZIE'S LUNCHBOX STITCH:

This is a new category I came up with to show you what I'm stitching on at lunchtime when I'm at work. This week's piece is I CAN I WILL by Silver Creek Samplers. This was a free chart I mentioned in a previous post. Stitching on 14ct fiddles cloth using the called for dmc threads.



Well I think I've rambled on enough and hope that I have insprired you to make some time for yourself today and pick up that needle and 'poke' that fabric.

Till next week!

♥Elizabeth 










No comments:

Post a Comment