Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Update

 Good Sunday Morning!

Hope you all had a good week, filled with lots of little XXX's! My week was busy...let's start!


Started and finished stitching Hello Pumpkin by Stitching With the Housewives. Changed the word PUMPKIN to Autumn to fit in with the Autumn decor of my home. Changed the colors of the big top pumpkin to ____ and changed the blue pumpkin at the bottom to an orange pumpkin as we don't see blue pumpkins down here in FL. Stitched on 14ct black aida (Etsy ~ Annabelles). Used DMC threads.

Next was:


October ~ Truckin' Along by Stitching With the Housewives. I changed the left and right motifs from chickens sitting on a pumpkin to the original pumpkin from white to orange, DMC 921 and then a smiling, viney mini pumpkin (from the truck portion of the chart). The candy corns were SO easy and fast to stitch, finished in a few days. Stitched on 14ct black aida, once again from Etsy ~ Annabelles.

Then...


Little House Needleworks ~ The Post Office from the Hometown Holiday series. Remember, Diane is only doing a yearly Hometown Holiday chart from here on out. I changed the mailbox from a red one to a common blue one that we have down here in FL, DMC # 311. I adjusted the POST OFFICE words at the top because I didn't follow the pattern and had extra room on the right so I added a # as most post offices are numbered. 

I'll start finishing this series while I am on vacation next week and I will post my finishes. I can't wait to have this series up to date, finished and displayed this Christmas. Just a note...a bought a horizontal ladder shelf a few years ago to display this on, never opened and can't wait to get it out of the attic this year! EXCITING!

I have just listed the following items on my Etsy shop this morning...www.etsy.com/shop/LizziesXStitches.

Charles Craft ~ velour fingertip towels
Mill Hill Designs ~ coin purse. Cross stitched and beaded, Everything Mary Antique Purse Frame and 1/4yd of black wide wale corduroy fabric. Directions of how to assemble the coin purse are on the back of the purse frame packaging. 

Hope everyone has a great Sunday, filled with lots of XXX's and memories!

♥Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. love seeing what you are working on, I have also been doing the Home town Holiday can't wait to see your finish.

    ReplyDelete