Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday, March 19 ~ Weekly Recap

 Good Sunday Afternoon ~

Hope this day before the offical  start of Spring has you enjoying your day and getting in some quality stitching time. The temperature is warm here in S. Florida in the high 70's, low 80's and we are awating some long overdue rain showers this afternoon.

What is Under my Needle ~

I started Lizzie*Kate's Buzzy String to be used as a tin wrap. What? Yes, I have an oblong, galanized bucket and I am going to make this long narrow piece into a wrap that will go along the outside of the bucket. Stay tuned and you will see finishing pictures.

This week was a slow stitching week. I stitched Ralph Rabbit by Stitching With the Housewives. Stitched on 14ct black aida using the called for DMC colors. Now that he and Ramona are finished being stitched I can go ahead and fully finish them into ornaments for my Spring/Easter tree.



I also started and finished stitching April~ Home is Where the Wreath Is...stitched on 14ct black aida using the called for DMC colors. Will fully finish this and it'll be ready to hang on my HOME piece when April arrives.




Freebie Finds ~

This week I found once again Shannon Christine's part 2 of her Easter Wreath. You can find this at www.ShannonChristine.com

I also found Home Stitch Home by Tiny Modernist. This can be found under FREE charts on her website. 

What's In the Garden ~

A piece of a peace lily that by best friend gave to make from her father's funeral wreath has finally shot up a flower and should open some time this week. She gave me this piece many years ago and has finally found it's home and has chosen to bloom! Can't wait to see it in all it's glory.

I planted dahlia bulbs this week. Seems the neighborhood squirrel dug up some of the bulbs and decided to make a meal of them. Hopefully I'll get something from the ones he didn't get!

What Am I Reading ~

44 Charles Street by Danielle Steel. Copyright 2012 but somehow I missed this one. Only on chapter 3 but seems like it will be a good book. 


I went church and lunch with my friend today and my fortune read: Others will seek your talents in the coming months. May you always know your talents and may they bring you an abundance of happiness.

♥Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment